[tahoe-dev] new stable grid volunteers

Rogério Schneider stockrt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 23:44:31 PST 2009

Andrej,

I am using this:

[node]
nickname = stockrt-casa
web.port = tcp:3456:interface=127.0.0.1
web.static = public_html
tub.port = 34560
tub.location = stockrt.homelinux.com:34560

[client]
# volunteer grid
introducer.furl = pb://6cypm5tfsv6ag43g3j5z74qx5nfxa2qq@207.7.131.41:64228,
nooxie.zooko.com:64228/introducer

[storage]
enabled = true
reserved_space = 2000000000

[helper]
enabled = false

That 'reserved_space' is, as documented, the minimum space tahoe will try to
keep free in your disk. Say, when you disk goes to only 2gb (in my config)
it will stop storing new chunks. This is exactly what you want.

Regards,
Rogério Schneider

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 4:30 AM, Andrej Falout <andrej at falout.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> can someone please post the recommended conf file for this?
>
> Also, if I want to share 100G, but make sure I always have at least 10G
> free on my disk, how do I configure that?
>
> Is helper active?
>
> Is it advisable to use one's email address in nickname field?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrej
>

> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Rogério Schneider <stockrt at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> I am on it.
>>
>> My nodes are located at Brazil.
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM, zooko <zooko at zooko.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Okay I have created an introducer for the Volunteer Grid.
>>>
>>> The introducer's furl is:
>>>
>>> pb://
>>> 6cypm5tfsv6ag43g3j5z74qx5nfxa2qq at 207.7.131.41:64228,nooxie.zooko.com:
>>> 64228/introducer
>>>
>>> You can see this introducer's wui at http://nooxie.zooko.com:9797 .
>>>
>>> Hm, this immediately makes me want a report of total capacity and
>>> free capacity from each storage server listed on that page.
>>>
>>> http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/648 # show server capacities
>>> on introducer welcome page
>>>
>>> Details:
>>>
>>> nooxie is located in a co-lo in San Francisco.  I'll let you know
>>> once I figure out how to add nooxie's location to http://
>>> OpenStreetMap.org .
>>>
>>> Nooxie is an athlon64 server running a beta release of an old version
>>> of Nexenta GNU/OpenSolaris (http://nexenta.org ).  uname -a says:
>>>
>>> SunOS nooxie 5.11 NexentaOS_20070704 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
>>>
>>> It has two identical SATA drives of about 33 GB capacity each in a
>>> ZFS RAID-Z mirror, at the time of this writing about 5 GB free. Note
>>> that nooxie is not currently offering a storage server, only an
>>> introducer.
>>>
>>> I'm afraid to mess with the configuration of the operating system or
>>> network, because the physical box is in a different geographic region
>>> from me, so its uptime is 590 days.
>>>
>>> The IP address is staticly assigned, the domain name
>>> "nooxie.zooko.com" is included in the furl just for future robustness.
>>>
>>> Hey, I guess we should start a page on the wiki about this grid.
>>>
>>> http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/wiki/VolunteerGrid
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Zooko
>>> ---
>>> Tahoe, the Least-Authority Filesystem -- http://allmydata.org
>>> store your data: $10/month -- http://allmydata.com/?tracking=zsig
>>>

>> --
>> Rogério Schneider
>>
>> MSN: stockrt at hotmail.com
>> GTalk: stockrt at gmail.com
>> TerraVoip: stockrt
>> Skype: stockrt

> --
> Andrej Falout
> AU: +61 (410) 463 735 NZ: +64 (21) 0256 6825 US: +1 (360) 488 0970

Rogério Schneider

MSN: stockrt at hotmail.com
GTalk: stockrt at gmail.com
TerraVoip: stockrt