[tahoe-dev] Tahoe packaged for NixOS

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Tue Jul 7 15:59:05 PDT 2009

Hello!

I packaged Tahoe [0] and its dependencies [1] for Nixpkgs/NixOS.  NixOS
(http://nixos.org/) is a GNU/Linux distribution, which could well be
dubbed "the least-authority GNU/Linux distro" given that it follows POLA
for build processes.

The build farm is currently in a bad shape, but one can normally see
builds at, e.g., [2] and [3].

For zfec, pycryptopp, pyutil, etc., tests are run and all pass.
However, trying to run Tahoe's tests currently fails:

running develop
Checking .pth file support in support/lib/python2.5/site-packages
error: can't create or remove files in install directory

The following error occurred while trying to add or remove files in the
installation directory:

    [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'support/lib/python2.5/site-packages/test-easy-install-20210.pth'

The installation directory you specified (via --install-dir, --prefix, or
the distutils default setting) was:

    support/lib/python2.5/site-packages

This directory does not currently exist.  Please create it and try again, or
choose a different installation directory (using the -d or --install-dir
option).

I haven't yet investigated, but I wonder where the offending path comes
from.

Thanks,
Ludo'.

[0] https://svn.nixos.org/repos/nix/nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/tools/networking/p2p/tahoe/default.nix