[tahoe-dev] Tahoe packaged for NixOS

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Tue Jul 7 16:06:13 PDT 2009

On Jul 7, 2009, at 16:59 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> I packaged Tahoe [0] and its dependencies [1] for Nixpkgs/NixOS.
> NixOS (http://nixos.org/) is a GNU/Linux distribution, which could
> well be dubbed "the least-authority GNU/Linux distro" given that it
> follows POLA for build processes.

Cool!  :-)

> Checking .pth file support in support/lib/python2.5/site-packages
> error: can't create or remove files in install directory

Oh, this should be fixed when I finally fix ticket #668.  For what it
is worth, this is also setuptools issue 54 (be more like distutils
with regard to --prefix=), but it doesn't look like it is going to be
fixed in setuptools anytime soon, so I intend to patch our version of
setuptools to do this.

tickets mentioned in this email:
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/668 # easy_install allmydata-
tahoe is broken