[tahoe-dev] Status of Windows package?

Shawn Willden shawn-tahoe at willden.org
Tue Jul 21 08:26:50 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 21 July 2009 09:03:42 am rob kinninmont wrote:
> At Allmydata we used py2exe to build a (suite of) .exe file(s)
> including all the bundling of python libraries etc.  It's not perfect
> (it doesn't integrate terribly well with .egg files for instance) but
> it works pretty well.

I have fiddled with py2exe, and it seemed to be okay, except, as you say, in
the area of dependencies which aren't packaged but might be installed as
eggs.

> We also used InnoSetup to build setup.exe installers for all the pieces.
>
> So, that is to say, what you're asking about is a 'solved problem', or
> at least once was ;-)  I'm not sure how much of that build stuff made
> it from .com into the open source tahoe repo (I'd look into it, but am
> busy on something else at the mo) but the above tools are to some
> extent "known to work".

I looked into that question a while back and it appeared that none of the
build stuff made it from the .com work.  Is there some way we could get it
moved over?

> If you have questions, problems, feel free to ask me :-)

I'll do that!

Thanks,

	Shawn.