[tahoe-dev] Status of Windows package?

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Tue Jul 21 08:51:37 PDT 2009

Check out the behavior of the Windows buildslave.  There is a step
called "installer".

http://allmydata.org/buildbot/builders/windows/builds/1556

There is a different code-base named tahoe-w32-client:

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe-w32-client/browser

It also has a buildbot that you can inspect, to see how it is built.

I believe that tahoe-w32-client requires a tahoe-lafs package, and
then adds Windows filesystem integration (CIFS/SMB) resulting in a
"Virtual Drive" on your Windows desktop, and it adds a GUI Backup
Application.

If you are looking to package your own Tahoe-based things, you might
investigate using bbfreeze instead of py2exe:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/bbfreeze

I haven't used it, but it seems to have good features and to be
actively developed.