[tahoe-dev] seeking volunteer for an hour's labor Re: [tahoe-lafs] #773: run through installation on Windows

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Sun Jul 26 19:17:08 PDT 2009

On Sunday,2009-07-26, at 17:01 , Shawn Willden wrote:

> On Sunday 26 July 2009 03:46:53 pm Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:
>> Perhaps you should get a version of pyOpenSSL from after the merge
>> of the "working-windows-build" branch.
>
> How would I get the tahoe build process to use that version?

The easiest way is to install that version of pyOpenSSL into your
system (i.e. "cd pyOpenSSL && python ./setup.py install").  A tidier
way is to build a .egg ("cd pyOpenSSL && python ./setup.py
bdist_egg") and copy the resulting .egg file or .egg directory into a
subdirectory of the tahoe source dir that you create and name "tahoe-
deps".  (The tahoe setup.cfg specifies that "tahoe-deps" is one of
the locations that the build system should look to find dependencies).