[tahoe-dev] seeking volunteer for a few hours's labor Re: [tahoe-lafs] #773: run through installation on Windows

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Sun Jul 26 20:24:04 PDT 2009

Thank you very much to Shawn Willden, Black Dew, and Michael Walsh
for working on this task.

I've now automated the upload of Python binary packages (eggs) for
pycryptopp.  You can see the process on the buildbot:

Linux:

http://allmydata.org/buildbot-pycryptopp/builders/linux-amd64-ubuntu-
jaunty-yukyuk/builds/26/steps/upload%20egg/logs/stdio

Cygwin:

http://allmydata.org/buildbot-pycryptopp/builders/windows-cygwin/
builds/76/steps/upload%20egg/logs/stdio

Windows:

http://allmydata.org/buildbot-pycryptopp/builders/windows-native/
builds/100/steps/upload%20egg/logs/stdio

(Oops that one didn't work.  http://foolscap.lothar.com/trac/ticket/
109 )

And the resulting .egg packages in this directory:

http://allmydata.org/source/tahoe/deps/tahoe-dep-eggs/?C=M;O=D

This should relieve builders of Tahoe-LAFS (which doesn't, itself,
require a C or C++ compiler) from needing to compile pycryptopp
(which requires a C++ compiler), if they are on one of the platforms
for which there are eggs in that directory.  I intend to add
automated uploads of pycryptopp eggs from more buildslaves as time
goes by, and probably eventually also automated uploads of zfec
eggs.  (Currently we already have all the zfec eggs that we need, I
think.)