[tahoe-dev] seeking volunteer for many hours labor Re: [tahoe-lafs] #773: run through installation on Windows

Shawn Willden shawn-tahoe at willden.org
Mon Jul 27 06:13:54 PDT 2009

On Monday 27 July 2009 06:17:06 am Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:
> Which MSI package?  "pyOpenSSL-0.9.win32-py2.6.msi" from https://
> bugs.launchpad.net/pyopenssl/+bug/238658/comments/74 ?  That would be
> a bug (whether in pyOpenSSL packaging or in setuptools),

I was using Python 2.5, so I grabbed the one from comment 71.

> Does the .msi install a file or directory named "pyOpenSSL-0.9-py2.6-
> win32.egg-info"?

Not sure.

I did finally get pyopenssl to build from bzr source last night, and got Tahoe
running that way, but I did so many different things I'm not sure what was
necessary.  I'm starting over this morning (in and around meetings) with a
clean VM which I'll snapshot at appropriate points so I can roll back changes
as I go through the various permutations and identify what's really needed.

> > BTW... "an hour's labor"... Ha!
>
> Ahem.  Yes, well in my defense almost none of the problems we've
> encountered so far have to do with building Tahoe-LAFS itself so much
> as with building dependencies.

Agreed.  There's been no trouble with Tahoe itself.

> I just now got the python 2.5
> win32 package of pycryptopp automatically uploading:

Cool.  I'll see how that impacts the build process.

> There.  Okay as visible in the README.html (scroll down to the bottom
> when viewing the "tahoe-dep-eggs" directory), we are lacking packages
> for some versions of Python on some operating systems.  Hopefully
> we'll get some volunteer buildbots set up to build those.

That would be good.  I don't have any windows machines, or any Linux machines
with enough spare RAM to leave a Windows VM running all the time, or I'd
offer.

	Shawn.