[tahoe-dev] Test repo setup

M O Faruque Sarker writefaruq at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 08:58:36 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Zooko O'Whielacronx <zookog at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: Test repo setup
To: M O Faruque Sarker <writefaruq at gmail.com>

> I'm reading your StorageSS'08 paper and thinking about setting up a
> test repo. I have been using git since last GSoC but Tahoe-LAFS relies
> on darcs. Hope to grab darcs soon.

If you need any help, join the #darcs channel on IRC.freenode.net and
tell them that you are contributing to Tahoe-LAFS under GSoC and you
need some help using darcs. They are very helpful there.

> What do you suggest about setting up test repo to some free hosting site like
> http://patch-tag.com ? Do you have an account with any similar site ?

Go ahead.

> I'd like to play with code and make things up. Please let me know
> about general guidelines and  your suggestions ?

Great! I approve of writing code for experimentation. For the actual
code that is intended to be contributed to Tahoe-LAFS trunk, I prefer
the Test-First paradigm, where you are not allowed to write any code
until you have a failing unit test. I will be more than happy to help
you set up that failing unit test to get you started.