[tahoe-dev] barriers to using tahoe

Peter Secor secorp at allmydata.com
Mon Feb 1 15:38:38 PST 2010

Hi,

   There is a Win XP/7/Vista installer available from the commercial
Allmydata.com site that includes everything to get Tahoe up and running
with an SMB/CIFS interface. The source is available for this installer,
and in my opinion what is missing to make it work for a wider audience
is the following:

  * configuration UI for non-Allmydata.com grids
  * configuration UI for non-Allmydata.com authentication
  * update to the current Tahoe version in the back-end (current
installer is 1.3)
  * enable the FTP interface by default on the local client and
auto-mount it as part of the installation (current SMB/CIFS interface is
licensed software)

   Any volunteers? :)

Peter