[tahoe-dev] barriers to using tahoe

Raoul Duke raould at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 15:17:32 PST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Peter Secor <secorp at allmydata.com> wrote:
> about it. In the meantime, if you apply that patch to twisted it will
> work, noting that it might not be within everyone's timeframe or
> previous experience to set this up quickly.

from what i've anecdotally heard, it seems like it would be good for
Tahoe to have one version that Really Just Works. presumably ideally
the version needs to be one that would most commonly be used by the
target (sub) audience. by "target" i mean the one which you first want
to convince, even if they aren't the long-term biggest end-users. so
i'm going to pull a guess out of my butt and say that if you had a
winXP or a win7 installer that Just Worked, that could do a lot to
help the 'marketing'+'sales' of Tahoe.

???

sincerely.