[tahoe-dev] barriers to using tahoe

Peter Secor secorp at allmydata.com
Thu Feb 4 16:11:40 PST 2010

The javascript web interface for allmydata.com grabs the base URI from a
database (given a user/pass) and presents the user with a simple
file-explorer paradigm. The URI's are not exposed, and there is drag and
drop of files/directories that are already in the grid.

Some useful but could-be-better features are file upload via a dialog
(not exploring the local drive yet), sharing (requires php currently),
and downloads (click to save).

We've had a prototype of this working on the local node, but haven't
released it yet to the open-source project. We're actively working to
get it out, but it has been fairly useful to the commercial customer
base and I personally use it quite a lot.

Hope this helps,
Ps