[tahoe-dev] barriers to using tahoe

Chris Palmer chris at noncombatant.org
Fri Feb 5 21:54:33 PST 2010

Zooko O'Whielacronx writes:

> But my next question is: how do you backup the cap to that root directory?
> [...]
> And then my next question is: how do you share some of your files and
> directories with some of your friends?

I plan on having the Octavia answer be: backing up = sharing = copying a
(sub)directory descriptor somewhere. "Make sure to send your latest version
of root descriptor to yourself in encrypted email every night!" Currently,
victims^H^H^H^H^H^H^Husers manage descriptor versions manually, but A Real
Client(tm) would hide that from you, keeping the latest version of your root
in e.g. ~/.8va/root for easy gpgmailing.