[tahoe-dev] barriers to using tahoe

Jody Harris imhavoc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 16:03:44 PST 2010

It also appears that both Dolphin and Nautilus will treat an ftp-mounted
tahoe volume as though it is tree'd simply because of the paths.

I can ask both filemanagers to "go up" in the tree, and they will happily
attempt to satisfy the request by pruning the tree to move up to the parent
even though the '..' parent link is not available to them. (Which makes
perfect sense from the implementation of the filemanager side.)

So, maybe the tree'd filesystem problem isn't really that much of a problem
after all?

jody
----
- Think carefully.
- Contra mundum - "Against the world" (St. Athanasius)
- Credo ut intelliga - "I believe that I may know" (St. Augustin of Hippo)