[tahoe-dev] pubgrid.tahoe-lafs.org becomes news on twitter

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Jul 12 21:13:56 UTC 2010

On 2010-07-13 4:01 AM, Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:
> Folks:
>
> For better or for worse, some people apparently think that
> http://pubgrid.tahoe-lafs.org is a good resource for the public to use
> to share information:
>
> http://twitter.com/preservingtitl/status/18337305011
>
> "#P2P 分布式存储的 @TahoeLAFS 又重新上线了 公共 #Grid 的上传网址是
> http://pubgrid.tahoe-lafs.org 经常在线的节点十分有限 稳定性尚可
> 苯神希望物理位置在GFW内的裆员同志能发挥节约资源的美德 不要滥用如此珍贵的免费服务"

I conjecture this is the same theory as I use bittorrent magnet links
- it is a publicly accessible drop box and one can guarantee that what
the recipient picks out of the drop box is what you intended.  The
latter is often important when one is struggling with a powerful
adversary with the intent and capability to rewrite history and adjust
reality.