[tahoe-dev] review-needed tickets for Tahoe-LAFS v1.7.1 (coming this Saturday!)

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Wed Jul 14 07:01:15 UTC 2010

Folks:

Just a quick summary of the tickets that are marked "review-needed"
and intended for the v1.7.1 release (which we intend to either release
or cancel on this Saturday, the 17th of July).

#961 (init scripts included in the Ubuntu apt-get install for tahoe-lafs)

Jacob Appelbaum and François Deppierraz contributed init scripts for
Tahoe-LAFS. We just need someone who knows about Debian/Ubuntu
packaging to look at these patches and say if there is any huge flaw
in them which would lead to broken installs, security flaws, angry
Debian developers, or other problems.

#967 (minor code clean-up in dirnode.py)

I wrote a minor cleanup patch. Kevan and Brian have already reviewed
it and pointed out a couple of minor improvements. I just need another
pair of eyes to look at the final version with those minor
improvements and make sure there are no major disasters.

#1106 (review #1037 (SFTP))

This is really a "pay off technical debt" ticket. We released
David-Sarah's SFTP work in v1.7.0 on the strength of test-driven
development, iterated user testing, David-Sarah's superb engineering
skill, and several partial code reviews. This ticket is to give it a
thorough code review. Assigned to me. Probably not actually going to
get done in time for v1.7.1. :-(

#1051 (capabilities from the future could have non-ascii characters)

David-Sarah and I have converged and have reviewed each other's work
to some degree (though I don't understand some of the issues that
well). However, Brian earlier expressed strong disagreement so I would
like him to review it. I would not like to commit it to trunk in spite
of Brian's objections and I would also not like to slip it out of
v1.7.1 due to insufficient review.

#1083 (FTP frontend should avoid caching plaintext of uploads)

This is a very simple patch and we just need another pair of eyes to
look it over and make sure there isn't some horrible mistake in it.

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/961# init scripts
included in the Ubuntu apt-get install for tahoe-lafs
http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/967# minor code clean-up
in dirnode.py
http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1051# capabilities from
the future could have non-ascii characters
http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1083# FTP frontend should
avoid caching plaintext of uploads
http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1106# review #1037 (SFTP)