[tahoe-dev] Multi-introducer Issue: How to configuration clients etc.

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 21:59:29 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 2:29 AM, M O Faruque Sarker <writefaruq at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've tested a client that can subscribe to two (or more) introducers.

Cool! Post your code.

> But now my issue is how to configure clients about furl of all known
> introducers. This can be done in a stupid way by putting them into
> tahoe.cfg like this:
>
> introducer1.furl = ...
> introducer2.furl = ...
>
> or should this be read from a config file e.g. introducers.cfg etc. ?

I would favor the latter. Maybe a file named "introducers" which has a
single introducer furl on each line.

> BTW, I haven't figured out how WUI of client shows connection to
> introducer, e.g.
> Introducer: ...
> Connected to introducer?: ...
>
> Can anybody refer me to the corresponding code that control this ?
> Need to understand Twisted/nevow ?

It is on the "welcome" page. Here is the template:

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/src/allmydata/web/welcome.xhtml?rev=4358

And here is the code that provides the values for some of the fields
in that template such as "connected_to_introducer":

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/src/allmydata/web/root.py?rev=4238#L222