[tahoe-dev] URI:LIT capability

slush slush at centrum.cz
Mon Jun 28 12:49:44 PDT 2010

> Perhaps the file was truncated to zero bytes on your local filesystem
> before you ran "tahoe backup" or "tahoe cp" or used the WUI to upload
> that file?

Im using mainly FTP interface, not commandline. I found two files with
zero filesize (so with LIT cap), which should not be zero - backup of
my thesis (size in megabytes) and one photo ( ~200kB). Both files were
100% closed on my filesystem during transfers.

As I currently know what "LIT" is now, I can tell these two files were
not corrupted in meaning of storage layer - they had correct cap,
path, I saw them in directory listing etc. I think about bug in layer
_before_ file is stored (something in FTP, transfers to helper, ...).

Idea: As my computer is sometimes unstable and it powered off without
any significant reason (solving at these days), Im pretty sure that
some transfers to helper were cancelled. Is there any specific phase,
when can helper decide it is empty file? Is this scenario possible? I
think metadata about file (and it's link to directory) should be
stored as final step, after uploading shares. So the worst scenario in
case of transfer cancellation should be no file on grid (and not zero
one).

Marek

P.S. Sorry for my english, Im too tired to fight with language at this time.