[tahoe-dev] Against DARCS

Shawn Willden shawn at willden.org
Mon Oct 18 22:39:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Raoul Duke <raould at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:31 PM, James A. Donald <jamesd at echeque.com>
> wrote:
> > Such very high level languages will never produce usable software unless
> > they report the order of the algorithm.
>
> ok, this is getting off-topic, but that must be a different Haskell
> than i was previously aware of :-)

Me too.  I've written a little bit of Haskell code using GHC and been very
consistently impressed with its performance.  It usually outperforms Python,
and often approaches the performance of C, while being vastly more
expressive and concise.

Whatever performance problems Darcs may have, I seriously doubt
they're Haskell's fault.

--
Shawn