[tahoe-dev] tahoe-w32-client

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Thu Apr 7 15:21:44 PDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Kenny Taylor <kenny at corvettekenny.com> wrote:
> Still trying to build the tahoe-w32-client.  I grabbed the
> tahoe-w32-client/trunk branch.  After installing a couple python modules, I
> now get:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>     File "extractver.py", line 4, in (module)
>         "_version.py", revision_number=True, quiet=False)
> TypeError: update() got an unexpected keyword argument 'quiet'

Hm, okay the source code in extractver.py is visible here:

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-w32-client/browser/trunk/extractver.py?annotate=blame&rev=41

And it is invoking darcsvermodule.update(), which is visible here:

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/darcsver/browser/trunk/darcsver/darcsvermodule.py?annotate=blame&rev=114#L69

I see that darcsvermodule.update() in its current form has no argument
"quiet" but does have an argument "loud". I see that this was changed
in http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/darcsver/changeset/20090617201750-92b7f-8214a48a2bf095dce545d5fb5814190a8a098c6b/trunk
which was committed 2009-06-17.

So this is a typical case of bitrot. Please accept my apologies, and
work-around the problem in your copy of extractver.py by changing
"quiet=False" to "loud=True". And then tell us what happens next! :-)