[tahoe-dev] GlobalScale Technologies - Any known-to-work devices?

André Bubel ml at apb.name
Wed Apr 20 22:30:09 PDT 2011

Hi,

On 17.03.2011 17:43, Jack Lloyd wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:14:21AM -0600, Jody Harris wrote:
>> http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/default.aspx
>>
>> Does anyone know if any of the plug devices in this category are
>> known-to-work with Tahoe?
>>
>> I have one known host for a remote storage node, but I'm looking
>> for an appropriate low-power, low-space, low-maintenance,
>> low-noise, low-cost host machine for the node. These units are
>> ideal, but unknown.
>
> Not really answering your question, but:
>
> Zooko mailed me a Sheevaplug last week for doing some crypto
> optimization work on. (On which an initial note remains half-written
> but will get sent to the list at some point).
>
> I haven't installed Tahoe yet because I do not have a USB drive with
> an external power supply (the only one I have powers itself off the
> USB line and I doubt the plug has enough juice to run that
> reliably), and even with an extra 1 Gb SD card installed it's a bit
> cramped already.

There are some problems with burned out power supplies of older
revisions of the plug, but it seems that mainly the main power voltage
is the culprit:

http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php?topic=1456.0

I'd be cautious, but in principle a USB powered device should work.

Best regards,
André Bubel