[tahoe-dev] the provisioning tool in tahoe

Jimmy Tang jcftang at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 10:40:09 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I've just taken a look at the provisioning tool and noticed that it's
a little out of date with disk sizes and user data sizes e.g.

How much data for each user? (avg) -- max here is 1Tb, it might be
sensible to ramp this up and add more realistic options
What is the capacity of each hard drive? -- max here is 750, it might
be sensible to add more realistic options

Anyway attached is a patch, to bring the provisioning tool a little
more up to date than what it was before. I'm not sure if its worth
adding 4 or 5Tb disk options and just removing the older options that
are less than 1Tb. Also users tend to have more data these days given
that the likes of dropbox, wuala etc...are offering ~5gb for free. The
number of users and number files that a user has probably could be
left alone, I wouldn't expect them to have changed much in the past
few years.

Jimmy.

--
http://www.sgenomics.org/~jtang/