[tahoe-dev] the provisioning tool in tahoe

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Thu Dec 8 20:24:40 UTC 2011

On 12/6/11 2:40 AM, Jimmy Tang wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just taken a look at the provisioning tool and noticed that it's
> a little out of date with disk sizes and user data sizes e.g.

Yeah, it's bitrotted. I've been thinking of taking it out of the Tahoe
executable per se, and instead have a standalone program (included in
the source distribution). That would remove the dependency on Numeric,
and reduce the surface for injection attacks.

To use it, you'd run something like
./misc/operations_helpers/provisioning.py, and that would run a little
server, and then use the "webbrowser" module to pop open a browser
window to a new page, which would look just like the old Provisioning
page but would have *just* that one page, no other file upload/download
functionality.

I'll incorporate your patch when I do that code-surgery.

thanks!