[tahoe-dev] Change the parameters(K-N) when using

Shawn Willden shawn at willden.org
Mon Feb 28 11:35:37 PST 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:06 AM, David-Sarah Hopwood <
david-sarah at jacaranda.org> wrote:

> Rebalancing, i.e. changing the parameters of existing files and putting
> shares in the optimal places, is less automatic than we would like it to
> be.
> Currently I think the easiest way to do that is to copy a directory tree
> from the grid to a local filesystem and then copy it back (to a new
> directory
> on the grid), then delete the original tree and allow its shares to expire.

I don't think that will perform rebalancing on immutable files unless you
also change your convergence secret. Without changing the secret, when you
do the upload Tahoe will notice that the files already exist in the grid --
with the old parameters -- and consider that sufficient.

--
Shawn