[tahoe-dev] server-migration ninjas attack!

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Wed Oct 26 06:40:47 UTC 2011

If you're reading this, the first of our elite sysadminjas have struck
with devastating effectiveness. The Mailman installation (mailing-list
manager for tahoe-dev, tahoe-announce, tahoe-lafs-trac-stream,
tahoe-lafs-weekly-news, volunteergrid-l, volunteergrid2-l, and zfec-dev)
has been quietly disassembled, ferried across the inky depths of the
internet, and painstakingly reassembled into an exact duplicate on a new
machine, currently known as "new.tahoe-lafs.org". The old box is now
forwarding all email to the new box, both list traffic and
trac-generated notifications. The web archives and Mailman control
panels now live on the new box, and temporary HTTP redirects to the new
hostname keep your archived-message URLs working.

The next step will be for the secondary squad to migrate all the Trac
state to the new box. Then we can update the DNS records, remove the
HTTP redirects, resume using 'tahoe-lafs.org' URLs, and the old box can
quietly sink into obscurity (or live on forever in Peter's basement, as
is more likely). Hopefully we'll pull this off within the coming week.

On the other hand, if you're *not* reading this, URK! THE NINJAS GOT ME!

cheers,