[tahoe-dev] moving to Git!

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Jan 5 15:24:43 UTC 2012

  I was just wondering if it's worth using git-subtree or git-submodules
  to track the tahoe-deps directory (git-subtree is probably better).
  Then an sdist might just become as simple as doing a git-archive
  --format tar --prefix=$VERSION HEAD' for the sumo tarballs, for the
  normal tarballs it might require some magic with filtering things out
  though.

Without thinking too much, my reaction is that the whole SUMO thing is
working around broken packaging systems or operating systems without a
healthy packaging ecosystem.  That's fine to do, but it seems odd to
pull in the source for all the things tahoe depends on into the source
tree, even by reference.