[tahoe-dev] moving to Git!

Jimmy Tang jcftang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:08:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> Without thinking too much, my reaction is that the whole SUMO thing is
> working around broken packaging systems or operating systems without a
> healthy packaging ecosystem.  That's fine to do, but it seems odd to
> pull in the source for all the things tahoe depends on into the source
> tree, even by reference.

Greg: sorry for the duplicate mail, I didn't hit reply-all on my
initial response.

In general I would agree with your comments, though I have found that
the SUMO build is just plain convenient for when I have access to
machines but not root access to install dependancies, giving me the
capability to run the software in the user land without much hassle.

Jimmy.

--
http://www.sgenomics.org/~jtang/