[tahoe-dev] server selection Re: Node correlations - [Was] best practice for wanting to setup multiple tahoe instances on a single node

Ted Rolle Jr. stercor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 19:31:04 UTC 2012

Can 'happiness' be a three or more dimensional issue?
Can it, with little more effort, be coded to handle more than two
dimensions?
It's hard to think in more than two dimensions when coding, but I'll wager
that there would be advantages that develop 'down the road.'

Ted, the really old coder, some would say too old.

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 03:59, Olaf TNSB <still.another.person at gmail.com>wrote:

> An outstanding issue, in my mind, that could wait for v2 of the
> implementation:
> - perhaps the happiness test should be 2 dimensional. That is, I might
> want to satisfy more than one happiness measure (i.e. h1 shares based on
> rule set 1, then h2 shares from rule set 2, ..., then whatever is left
> wherever.

GPG/PGP public key: B07F9AAE