[tahoe-dev] Recommendations for minimal RAM usage ?

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Mon Mar 5 22:49:43 UTC 2012

I wrote:

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn <zooko at zooko.com> wrote:

> Just to be explicit about this, I'm not going to start doing these
> experiments myself anytime soon. I would love for Tahoe-LAFS to get
> slimmer on memory usage, and to continue to fit into more and more
> cute little ARM devices. (I just ordered my Raspberry Pi!) But, I have
> higher priorities in Tahoe-LAFS development right now. I'll offer
> encouragement, advice, feedback, and patch review.

For the record, my highest priorities in life nowadays are my family
and Least Authority Enterprises. LAE work often contributes directly
or indirectly to Tahoe-LAFS development (we have a policy of
contributing all of the source code that we write, plus trying to give
back in terms of documentation, knowledge we've gained, etc.). But it
isn't primarily about Tahoe-LAFS development.

In the context of Tahoe-LAFS development, my first priority right now
is unblocking Brian's accounting work by releasing a version of
pycryptopp with his Ed25519 port in it:

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/pycryptopp/milestone/0.6.0

I'm the limiting factor in that, since we decided to use pycryptopp as
the vehicle for tahoe-lafs to use Ed25519, and since I want to do the
API and the new pycryptopp release my way.

Once Brian is sufficiently unblocked, my next priority within
Tahoe-LAFS development will be helping Kevan and others address the
regressions and bugs in the new 1.9 code:

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/milestone/1.9.2