[tahoe-dev] Boulder Hack Fest!

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Tue Mar 27 22:09:41 UTC 2012

On 26/03/12 20:24, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 07:08:22PM +0100, David-Sarah Hopwood wrote:
>> On 26/03/12 14:31, Shawn Willden wrote:
>>> You were denied entry?  Was any reason given?
>>
>> It had to do with me misunderstanding a requirement of the visa waiver
>> programme. I'd rather not go into more detail here; it's not relevant to
>> tahoe-dev (except that it might limit my ability to go to future Tahoe-LAFS
>> summits in the US unless I can get a visa).
>
> I don't see how what you do is different from being a tourist. You're not
> reimbursed, you're not studying, this is all about a tourist attending an
> event for fun. Hackfests are fests, right?

If I'd only been intending to attend the hackfest, there wouldn't have been a
problem. I'm not going to discuss this further here, though, because it's a legal
issue and discussing it in a public forum could conceivably, and unnecessarily,
complicate future visa applications.

--
David-Sarah Hopwood ⚥