[tahoe-dev] let's stop supporting versions of Python other than v2.7 on Windows

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Tue May 15 17:00:48 UTC 2012

Thanks for the feedback about the use of older RHELs, Jimmy, and
notes about retrofitting newer Python's onto older RHEL's, Jeff.

Twisted has sort of forced our hand on this by dropping support for
Python 2.4 in the new Twisted 12.0 release:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/tags/releases/twisted-12.0.0/NEWS

It is a relief, really. We're definitely dropping support for Python
2.4 soon. Release Manager David-Sarah has put the ticket into the 1.10
Milestone:

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1658