[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #867: use ipv6

Randall Mason clashthebunny at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 21:56:02 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> I've updated Twisted in pkgsrc from 12.0.0 to 12.3.0, to be >= the
> 12.1.0 recommendation.
>
> Foolscap is at:
>
>   py27-foolscap-0.6.4 Foolscap contains an RPC protocol for Twisted
>
> which is the latest reslease, as far as I can tell.  Is that new enough
> to run the new ipv6 code?

I'm on the random git branch on github for the foolscap that works
[marcuswanner's foolscap ipv6 branch](
https://github.com/marcuswanner/foolscap/tree/ipv6).  I don't know if it is
"production quality" or anything.  There were a couple of reviews of
commits, but it seemed to fizzle out without approval.  I don't think 0.6.4
is sufficient because the commit before Marcus's changes is "release
Foolscap-0.6.4<https://github.com/marcuswanner/foolscap/commit/d34838ec99023eabef178110a74ca0c97b69603a>".
Either way, those changes need to be approved, the head of that branch
needs to be merged into foolscap, and a new release needs to happen.