[tahoe-dev] What Tahoe-LAFS Reveal to an Attacker

Patrick R McDonald marlowe at antagonism.org
Sun Feb 24 13:26:40 UTC 2013

All,

Simon's post on a secure OS for Tahoe-LAFS got me thinking.  Let's
assume for a moment, an attacker gains root on your node.  What if
anything does the attacker gain from your Tahoe-LAFS install?  Does it
differ if this is a gateway rather than a regular node?

We know the attacker can affect availability of the node, but Tahoe-LAFS
has great protections against this.  What about attacks against the
confidentiality or integrity parts of Tahoe-LAFS?

Thanks,
Patrick