[tahoe-dev] Secure OS for running Tahoe?

Simon Forman forman.simon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 04:35:47 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM, P S <pairspace at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2013, at 14:37, Simon Forman <forman.simon at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> It seems like I should concentrate on systems and tools that are more
> well-documented and supported, as the learning curves and security
> provided are roughly the same (for my purposes.)
>
> ~Simon
>

> A comparison of modern approaches to desktop security, along with a few
> threat models:
>

> http://theinvisiblethings.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/how-is-qubes-os-different-from.html

That was a very good read, but added Qubes and (from the comments)
Genode to my list.

It seems like there's a divergent "force" at work somehow, I feel like
I can't find solid ground.  (And then I remind myself that I've only
been looking in my spare time, for a couple of weeks, and it's far too
soon to make firm judgements.)

Cheers,
~Simon
--
http://twitter.com/SimonForman
My blog: http://firequery.blogspot.com/

"The history of mankind for the last four centuries is rather like that of
an imprisoned sleeper, stirring clumsily and uneasily while the prison that
restrains and shelters him catches fire, not waking but incorporating the
crackling and warmth of the fire with ancient and incongruous dreams, than
like that of a man consciously awake to danger and opportunity."
--H. P. Wells, "A Short History of the World"