[tahoe-dev] proposal: add padding

Iraklis . leontiad at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 09:37:49 UTC 2013

You are missing the following:
Files are encrypted for deduplication. That implies a way to derive a
key from the content of the files. That is if two files are similar they
will have similar ciphertexts
and subsequently as proposed equivalent pads since the pad would be the
result of a PRNG seeded under the same deterministic key.
So in our case we are discussing not for 11 & 12 but for 11 & 11 or 12 & 12.

Regards,

Iraklis