[tahoe-dev] How to track after subprocess.call()?

Daira Hopwood davidsarah at leastauthority.com
Thu Jul 18 19:20:52 UTC 2013

On 18/07/13 10:30, Steven Lee wrote:
>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>       File "/home/elderry/Projects/git/tahoe-lafs/support/bin/tahoe", line 6, in <module>
>         from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
>       File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2850, in <module>
>         working_set.require(__requires__)
>       File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 696, in require
>         needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
>       File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 594, in resolve
>         raise DistributionNotFound(req)
>     pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: allmydata-tahoe==1.10.0.post27
>
> Then I completely lost my direction, where does the subprocess continue to run?

The purpose of bin/tahoe is just to set the PYTHONPATH environment variable. If Eclipse
runs with the correct PYTHONPATH set for Tahoe, then you don't need bin/tahoe, and can
just debug the main Tahoe code starting at the 'run' function of
allmydata.scripts.runner.

To determine the correct PYTHONPATH, use

bin/tahoe @sh -c 'echo "${PYTHONPATH}"'

--
Daira Hopwood ⚥