[tahoe-dev] unsubsribe

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Jul 18 19:53:08 UTC 2013

"Zooko O'Whielacronx" <zookog at gmail.com> writes:

> Haha! I'm very amused at myself for accidentally posting to the public
> list when I meant it to be a private note to Iantcho.

It's not your fault!

  From: "Zooko O'Whielacronx" <zookog at gmail.com>
  Subject: Re: [tahoe-dev] unsubsribe
  To: Tahoe-LAFS development <tahoe-dev at tahoe-lafs.org>
  Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 19:41:29 +0000 (4 minutes, 53 seconds ago)

Based on this, replies going to the public list, even if they should
have been private, is not an offense against the list (although it may
be an offense against the privacy of the intended recipient, which is
one of several reasons why Mailing List Reply-To Considered Harmful).

> Anyway, would everyone including me please make an effort not to post
> things to the public list, which take up everyone's time, if those
> things could be handled by a private letter, or a trac ticket
> (https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/newticket), or something.

Can you fix the list to stop adding reply-to, then?

I also have very mixed feelings about using trac instead, given that the
main list does not by default receive ticket updates.  But I realize
that putting all trac mail to the tahoe-dev list would be a bit much.
I have forwarded a few ticket creation notes because of that.