[tahoe-dev] 1.10.0 - works on netbsd-5, i386 in pkgsrc context

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Fri May 3 00:24:15 UTC 2013

"Daira Hopwood (formerly David-Sarah)" <davidsarah at leastauthority.com>
writes:

> There's no "sort of"; the sqlite3 module is part of the Python standard
> library. I cannot fathom why the default Python on NetBSD leaves it out.
> Does it work if you add a dependency on py-sqlite3 to the pkgsrc package?

Well, I'm not enough of a python expert to really understand, but it
seems there is some controversy over whether the code bundled with
python is better than the sqlite3 code not bundled with python.  pkgsrc
omits sqlite3 support, and one can depend on either the builtin support
or the external package:
  https://code.google.com/p/pysqlite/

But I get it that this may be someone in pkgsrc choosing (unwisely) to
swim upstream.

I changed the dependency on the external pysqlite to the package that
has the carved-out internal support.  Now the tests are running,
skipping unicode tests but seeming ok on sqlite3, and the result is:

  Ran 1134 tests in 1277.054s
  PASSED (skips=15, expectedFailures=3, successes=1116)

so I withdraw my complaint - this is indeed a pkgsrc oddity, and thanks
for explaining.