[tahoe-dev] erasure code

Oleksandr Drach luckyredhot at gmail.com
Sat May 25 05:30:16 UTC 2013

Dear Yu,

Here is the reply on server selection:
" The current system will try to distribute the shares as widely as
possible, using a different pseudo-random permutation for each file, but it
is completely unaware of server properties like "location". If you have
more free servers than shares, it will only put one share on any given
server, but you might wind up with more shares in one location than the
others."

It can be found in FAQ:
https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/FAQ#Q12_server_location_distribution
.

Should you have further questions feel free to ask them!