Centos Install

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 12:56:21 UTC 2014

Hi! Welcome.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 3:22 AM, Gavin King <gavinking77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [root at vps3 allmydata-tahoe-1.10.0]# python setup.py build
> Not found: tahoe-deps
> Not found: ../tahoe-deps
> twisted/runner/portmap.c:10:20: error: Python.h: No such file or directory

That's:

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/CompileError

The answer that Ed and Ryutlis gave about installing the Python
headers is one of the correct answers. The other one is, get somebody
who uses Python 2.6 on linux to build a Twisted Python package. We
could host the resulting package on here:

https://tahoe-lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/deps/tahoe-lafs-dep-eggs/README.html

And then all users of linux would get it automatically. Oh, I see that
we already did that, "Twisted-10.1.0-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg", but
since then the require version of Twisted has gone up to Twisted ≥
11.0:

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/src/allmydata/_auto_deps.py?annotate=blame&rev=7bb07fb5e28756fa13ba5190e6c39003c84d3e1e#L21

So that's why it didn't work for you the first time.