[tahoe-dev] RelatedProjects

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Tue Feb 10 09:15:00 PST 2009

Folks:

In the Release Notes for v1.3.0, I'm going to point to:

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/wiki/RelatedProjects

to let people know that there is a small but growing field of
projects to extend Tahoe.  Here is the current version of that page
-- please feel free to improve the wiki!

-------
Related Projects ¶
There are several projects in various states of maturity to extend
Tahoe or integrate it with other tools. (These are in various states
of maturity and maintenance -- please update this wiki and post to
tahoe-dev if you play with any of these.)

François Deppierraz's Tahoe plugin for duplicity
tiddly_on_tahoe -- Zooko's plugin for TiddlyWiki so it can save
itself to Tahoe
Shawn Willden's ambitious new backup tool project (interesting
vaporware)
tahoewapijs -- Nathan Wilcox's Tahoe JavaScript library (unannounced)
blackmatch -- Rob Kinninmont's FUSE implementation
src/allmydata/gui/macapp.py -- Rob Kinninmont's Macintosh GUI
contrib/fuse -- three different FUSE implementations by three
different authors
tahoe-w32-client -- a complete Windows product with filesystem
integration (a virtual drive) and a GUI, written by allmydata.com and
open-sourced, but not documented or announced

Spin-off Projects ¶
These are projects that are currently primarily maintained by Tahoe
developers.

foolscap
zfec
pycryptopp
Dependencies ¶

We are fortunate to have a vast library of high quality Free Software
that we can re-use to build Tahoe. We contribute patches and bug
reports back to these projects. The following list is incomplete --
see also _auto_deps.py.

Python
Twisted
gcc