[tahoe-dev] 1.9.0 beta1 is tagged!

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Fri Oct 14 10:57:30 PDT 2011

On 14/10/11 18:38, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Sounds good.  It should probably be using what autoconf would call
> @PYTHON@; on pkgsrc there is no 'python', because it would end up
> referring to something possibly different than you found at configure
> time.  But bin/tahoe gets this right, so it seems that setuptools deals
> with that.

There is custom magic in setup.py that creates bin/tahoe using a shebang
for the interpreter that ran setup.py; but the Makefile just does this:

PYTHON=python

This might need to be patched to use whatever is the correct way for a
pkgsrc package to refer to the right python interpreter in a Makefile.
Extra credit if it is something that works portably on "any" Unix with
Python installed (the Makefile doesn't work on Windows unless you have
a Unix-compatible environment), but I don't know whether that is possible.

--
David-Sarah Hopwood ⚥ http://davidsarah.livejournal.com