[tahoe-dev] storage nodes, tub.*, and tcp forwarding

jake schrobot at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 16:40:19 UTC 2013

> when you were editing each storage node's tahoe.cfg, did you set tub.port to a public tcp port number that your router will forward to the node, and set tub.location to a list of public host:port specifiers that will reach that port?

i wrote the above last night, but i just re-read that and realized i misspoke:

- tub.port should be set to which available local tcp port number this tahoe-lafs node's storage service should listen on
- your public router should be set to listen on a specific public tcp port and forward it to the tahoe-lafs node's private address on tcp tub.port
- tub.location should be set to the router's public host:port that is being forwarded :-)

i suppose i am paraphrasing configuration.rst to bolster my own familiarity.  if any of that was wrong please set me straight!  i want to figure it out so i can contribute a storage node eventually.

cheers,
- jake