[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #867: use ipv6

Randall Mason clashthebunny at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 07:51:06 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 1:48 AM, David-Sarah Hopwood <
david-sarah at jacaranda.org> wrote:

> On 14/02/13 10:32, Randall Mason wrote:
> > I've made some progress with IPv6.  The first time a node is brought up
> it listens on both
> > IPv4 and IPv6.  I still have to figure out many side cases and test what
> is best when
> > there is only IPv6, only IPv4, or both.  It also needs to set the port
> correctly in the
> > furl file after it is first run so that it listens to the correct
> protocol on the next
> > runs.  It's still communicating over IPv6!
>
> Yay!
>
> Re: the screenshot, the "Connected?" column should probably show IPv6
> addresses in the
> same format they appear in furls.

The WUI needs some good formatting parsing as is stated in the ticket, but
that will come with time.  It's really good that you mention that it's good
to show them in the same format as the furls, that's both logical and
wasn't totally obvious to me.  The previous way was both the "standard" way
of displaying a v4 IP address with port and the format in the furl.

-Randall Mason